The Call for Submissions deadline for the 2022 AIBC Conference has been extended to October 1, 2021.
We invite submissions from those interested in speaking to an audience of architectural professionals from across the province on topical matters impacting the practice of architecture. The Conference Professional Development Committee is specifically looking for presentations related to the following topics:
- Sustainable technologies (Mass timber, Step Code, Passive House)
- Truth and Reconciliation: Learning from Indigenous culture and design, working with Indigenous groups
- Diversity and inclusion in the architectural profession
- Design in a post-COVID-19 world
- Innovative technologies
- Integrated design
- Urban planning policy and design; designing for affordability and/or temporary housing
- Cross-cultural influences on architecture
- Architectural theory and critique
- Architectural Case Studies embodying the topics above
A variety of presentation formats are sought, including lectures, panel discussions, and interactive workshops. We encourage individuals to submit their proposals by October 1, 2021. To view the full Conference 2022 Call for Submissions, please visit the AIBC website.