Vancouver Convention Centre West
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
May 8 – 10, 2017
The Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) invites submissions from those interested in speaking, participating in panel discussions or facilitating interactive workshops at the 2017 AIBC Annual Conference to be held at the Vancouver Conference Centre from Monday, May 8 – Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
The AIBC Annual Conference is rich in professional development, dialogue and network-building opportunities. An anticipated 400–450 delegates will be in attendance.
2017 Conference Theme: Interpreting Integration
Integration has become integral to the practice of architecture, a profession increasingly geared towards collaboration with diverse experts, authorities having jurisdiction and governing bodies. The 2017 AIBC Annual Conference will unite architects, intern architects, architectural technologists, builders, engineers, interior designers, researchers, students and other members of the design community to interpret integration as manifested in industry trends, technological advances and best practices in collaboration.
This gathering aims to raise both the level of discourse and the standard of practice for members of the design community at all stages of their careers. A variety of presentation formats is sought, including lectures, interactive workshops and panel discussions. The organizers seek presenters who are experts in their fields and familiar with presenting their area of expertise to groups of 30 to 120 attendees. Most sessions will be 1.5 hours, including time for a question-and-answer period.
The Annual Conference Professional Development (PD) Committee is specifically interested in presentations related to the 2017 conference theme, with regards to:
- Social Purpose Architecture
- Emerging and Project Delivery Models
- Collaboration within the Architectural Process
- Design Resilience and Post-Disaster Recovery
- Practice, Business and Risk Management
- Environment, Energy and Sustainability
- Adaptive Reuse
- Innovative Technologies and Policies
The following criteria will be examined when reviewing submissions and selecting applications:
- Inspired content that is clear, concise and educational in nature;
- Relevance to the profession of architecture;
- Connection to the educational initiatives of the AIBC, including such aspects as health, safety, welfare, design innovation, professional practice, environment, diversity, technology, business and community;
- Compliance with the necessary standards for AIBC Learning Units (learn more about the AIBC’s Continuing Education System); and
- Speaker qualifications and experience presenting at similar regional or national conferences.
- October 25, 2016: Call for Submissions issued
- November 30, 2016 Extended to December 8, 2016: Deadline for Completed Proposals. Access the Proposal Submission Form.
It is anticipated that the Annual Conference PD Committee will identify its recommended selections through formal notification by late January 2017.
About the AIBC
The Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) is an independent body dedicated to the self-regulation of architecture in the public interest. For more information about the AIBC, please visit aibc.ca.